Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Coroners Report St Vincent de Paul Society - Tieman Lifts

I thought this would be of interest to those learning the safety field or those that have never seen one. Below we have a coroners report into the death of a worker at St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria, the deceased was crushed between the Tieman Lift on the back of a truck and the truck itself.

While the coroner did not see this as a foreseeable incident, and I have the greatest respect for the coroner in this instance, Mr Graeme Johnstone as he has been a marvelous ambassador for safety in the state of Victoria and his courage in handing down decisions cannot be questioned.

I will make following posts, showing how easy it is to recognise this risk and believe it is totally foreseeable, in the defence of Mr Johnstone, St Vincent de Paul actually hide the information I will post in following posts and if he hasn't the evidence he has to base his decision on the evidence he has.

I believe and will show that Tieman Lifts are totally negligent in not assessing and controlling this risk as it is an easy design modification that could prevent this ever occuring again.

But worse is St Vincent de Paul hiding the information I am about to put in following posts, I was that disgusted on being ordered to hide this information that I left the organisation, well I didn't have a choice as the Managing Director ordered me to undertake illegal activities in hiding the information. Well the words were ignore it!

To view click on image and magnify





No comments: