Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Steve Irwin and My Grand Dad

Just an interesting point!

I'm sorry for the loss of Steve Irwin who's work touched many hearts, but an interesting fact is that he died in a similar way to my Gradfather! My Grand Dad died after being speared by a sting ray through the leg on Werribee beach. Back then though it took so long for an ambulance, actually just to contact one in the first place that my Grand Dad died from blood loss and a heart attack.

But for Steve what a way to die! If I was Steve I would not have wanted it any other way, doing what I loved! Sure there is a risk in our oceans but if we don't take risks we never have fun. And for people to kill sting rays and chop their tails off like happened yesterday is a disgrace and not only an insult to Steve and his family but also mine.

Regards
Daniel

Video : Public Farwell to Irwin

No comments: